03 October 2015

Week #244 Colour

Morning Limettes
Have you got that Saturday Morning feeling?

Well we hope so as it's a new challenge and a new month too
so first up let us introduce you to our sponsor for October.


As our sponsor for this month Beverley will be offering a prize
of a £15 gift voucher to spend in the Uniko Studio online store.
Do check out the shop HERE to see the brilliant collections.

Onto our challenge and the first week of the month means
Colour week and we are looking for Jewel colours

Here's what the design team came up with and we're looking forward to seeing
your wonderful creations but please remember to keep your designs clean and simple.

 Still with the shiny stuff on my desk from last week I used 'jewel' coloured foil 
card to die-cut 5 butterflies using the Clearly Besotted: Butterfly Duo die
I've inlaid the mini jewel pieces of topaz, sapphire, ruby, emerald 
and amethyst ... that's my thinking anyway! then die-cut a further butterfly
outline to sit on top for added dimension. The sentiment is also CBS:
Sweet Little Sentiments and I've used Simon Says Stamp stitched circle die
which is also inlaid and the Paper Smooches Dots and Dashes to add some
interest to the sides of the purple panel. To finish a couple of sparkly jewel sequins!


 On a panel of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock I stamped the flowers from
 Stampin' Up's So Very Grateful set and the sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Stylish Flowers set, both in VersaMark ink.  I then heat embossed in Wow! 
Opaque Bright White embossing powder and coloured the image with 
ProMarkers.  The kraft panel was mounted onto purple cardstock 
before being popped up on 3D foam strips.


Back to those Crazy Birds again!  This time I've used shades of amethyst 
and gold.  He sits in a Simon Says stitched diecut frame, 
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up Age Awareness.


Some time ago I saw a card made with a Crealie Patchwork die and I thought I could do something similar without using that specific die. This Penny Black image was paper pieced using some card I had coloured by smooching Distress Ink and Inka Gold paste. This ruby colour looks really rich and intense. After paper piecing the petals I cut the image with an octagon die and then chopped it into pieces, mounting them with dimensional  pads. The sentiment from Lily of the Valley was attached with a length of twine and an eyelet.

We hope you enjoy the luxurious and opulent colour challenge
and please remember to leave a few encouraging words
for your fellow Limettes - we all love comments!






9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, thanks for the inspiration. Have a super Saturday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing inspirational cards, they surely got my MOJO going!!!
    Enjoy your weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic sponsor, fantastic inspiration, fantastic colors!! This challenge blog has EVERYTHING!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOps! I just missed it! If you would like to see my card, here is the link. Do drop by!
    http://parusperceptions.blogspot.in/2015/10/diwali-card-reveal-continues.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry but Why not my card for jewel colour?
    I used gold or not?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gold is a metal not a jewel, although it is used in jewellery.

      Delete
    2. Ok... I'm sorry... But I thought that gold was like jewel! :)

      Delete
    3. Not to worry Claudia, your card was truly beautiful, the translation may have been a little confusing. I really hope that you will share your wonderful work with us again!
      Chrissie

      Delete
  6. Of corse!! It's a pleasure :-)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.