31 October 2015

Lucky Dip Week 248

As this is a five Saturday month it's time for another

Lucky Dip Challenge 
and another 
Guest DESIGNER

This month we are delighted to welcome a well known LIMette
(Canonbury Creations)

for our challenge, which is
PAPER PIECING
 Here are our examples


Val used Acid Drops and Whatnots stamps for her fabulous card!


Sarah

My puppy image, accessories and sentiment are from 
Mama Elephant: Playful Pups with the trees from Winnie & Walter:
It's a Wonderful Pennant. These are stamped on DP from Doodlebug
and Pink Petticoat before fuzzy cutting and adhering to the stamped images.
The background sky is embossed using a Sheena Douglass EF: Snowfall,
although it's not too obvious in the photograph and I've used a Mama Elephant:
Landscape Trio die to create a bank of snow.

Anita

I used a stamp by Woodware called Sprig of Holly to stamp onto a white 
cardstock panel, off the edge.  I then stamped the leaves onto the polka dot 
green paper and the berries onto the red tiny heart paper,
both of these from Santa Express by Doodlebug.  
The bow was stamped onto a piece of gold shimmer paper from my stash. 
 Once cut out, I positioned and adhered the papers over my stamped image 
and then added the sentiment below in black from Most Wonderful 
by Clearly Besotted.  The panel was popped up on 3D foam strips.

Technique Tuesday birdies paper pieced onto kraft card using some Basic Grey DP and a Whiff of Joy sentiment.  I don't have any enamel dots, so I used some tiny brads instead for food for my birdies (remember when every card had to have great big brads impaled upon it?!).

Chrissie
Mama Elephant stamps and Simon Says Stamp dies were used for this simple card.
The paper was a snippet from the depths of my paper drawer!


***



7 comments:

  1. Great DT inspiration and Val's Lady and sentiment is perfect and so very classy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so amazing. With a wedding come up, I don't know that I'll have time to join in the fun, but I hope I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So long ago that I paperpieced...too many gret techniques to choose from I think... Great inspiration from all of you again! Have a colourful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for another great challenge, paper-piecing is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if we can enter more than once but I had to play along once more as I lover paper-piecing :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.