20 July 2013

Week 129 Theme

For our THEME this week 
we would love to see
Hand made Flowers
You may use any medium you like... felt, paper, card, acetate, fimo, embossing powder, whatever you can conjure up!

Jen


My first card uses one of the new Penny Black dies and I have layered up the iris to give it dimension. The sentiment is from simon says stamp.  The die is memory box.


For my second card I used a die from Die-Namics and cut out in lavender felt. The colour is pool party from stampin up.

Chrissie

For this card I decided to make a little daisy from embossing powder, using a silicone mould.
I heated some WOW Melt it powder mixed with some Sea foam white powder, in a small aluminium  foil pie dish. I heated it from underneath so as not to send the powder flying everywhere, holding the dish using a peg as it gets quite hot.
When molten, I poured it into the mould and waited for a short while until it had set and then turned it out. I coloured the centre of the flower using a Copic Marker.
The tag is stamped and cut with a Sizzix stamp and Framelit, using Versamark and Wow Satin Pearl Gold embossing powder. The backing strip was made using SU Friend background stamp and embossing in the same way, The sentiment is also from SU stamped and embossed in a similar manner.
This one simply has punched flowers, shaped and layered and with a pearl added for the centre of each flower to match in with the embellishments on the background embossing. The flourish is from Dienamics and the sentiment panel from an SU Framelit.

***

7 comments:

  1. What a fabby challenge this week-i love flowers !Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge this week. I love your projects. Thanks for inspiration.

    Hugs from SLovenia,

    Keti
    (DT for Izazovi i sladkiši - http://izazoviislatkisi.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I look most weeks, I have finally hopped back on the bandwagon and made a card. Thanks for the encouragement. Who'd know it would be handmade flowers that would draw me back. http://inkspirationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/handmade-roses-bouquet-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge again this week....and I love the cards you've both made this week...thanks for the inspiration...

    San x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to join in again, thank you for the beautiful inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love handmade flowers...fun fun fun!! And my card was the 100th entry...does that make me a winner??? Just kidding!! It was kinda cool thought that I filled that spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Chrissie, I got so carried away with the flowers that I overlooked the important rule of white!
    Hope you are enjoying your special day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.