10 December 2011

One Layer Card - Let it Snow

What a lot of lovely greenness we saw last week!
Wonderful work ladies, but now we're back to that week which you all LOVE... the 
ONE LAYER CARD
This time our theme is 
Let it Snow!

Mandi
I'm not so sure you enjoyed going green last week! Maybe you will prefer the snow. Lots of you have it for real eh! Us Southerners are escaping it at the moment,


Photographing this was a nightmare! I ended up trying the mirror as the reflection seemed to show the gold embossed snowflake better than without it!
I do love snowflakes, they are so light and delicate, hence why I decided to use black lol
Supplies. Inkadinkdo stamps, stamped with Versafine Black Onyx, some are inked and stamped directly, then others are inked, stamped onto paper, then onto the card, for a lighter shade, adding dimension. I  glittered the black snowflakes with a zig glue pen, then added the obligatory gems and a swirl of liquid pearls. Maybe you can see better in the close up photo.
It really is so sparkly, but, you will have to take  my word for that!

Here is a card using one of my very favourite techniques... emboss resist.
I masked the image panel using Post It notes and stamped the Artemio snowflakes in Versamark which I embossed with Wow, semi-dull clear embossing powder. I used a stamp wheel which I think is a Rollagraph  for the blobs, which I embossed with Wow Sparkling Snow embossing powder.
I then sponged over the embossing using Bashful Blue and Night of Navy inks applied with sponge daubers.
The sentiment from Butterfly Kisses was stamped in Night of Navy with a little touch of Glamour Dust.
There's another card using a variation of this technique on my personal blog!







 For this card, I opted for a navy card base and stamped the various snowflakes  in a trail using Versamark and embossed using Sparkling Snow embossing powder. The three larger ones are Inkadinkado and the smaller ones,  Just Rite.
The sentiment is part of a MSE stamp which I masked with Sticky tape before inking as I only wished to use part of it, I then removed the tape before stamping.




17 comments:

  1. fab challenge - reminds me too much of the cold we are having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let it snow let it snow let it snow - indeed!! Fabulous choice peeps and I see several entries already - that'll teach me to lie in!

    Happy Saturday fellow LIM-ettes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning ladies:0) Brilliant idea, I love snowflakes and your examples are gorgeous. What a lovely challenge. Thank you! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is difficult one for me. Snowflakes... I have to think about thatone. The cards you made are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know every timemade something beautiful of it and I am amazed every time, really great.
    Soooo gorgeous.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te snow in North America is so much better than the snow in the UK - maybe that's why the cards are more inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another Christmas challenge...love your inspiration cards :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to your challenges every week. This week I will participate by viewing and commenting as much as possible. Last week kind of got away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your samples this week, girls - beautiful. Thank you both for such inspiring artwork and wonderful challenges. I really enjoy this one because it's such a change from what I usually do and it's SO inspiring to see others' design ideas. A real treat and very much appreciated. Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just like real snowflakes, it's wonderful to see all the so different takes on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just discovered your blog and have entered your challenge. So blown away by all the lovely comments, and have returned some love too. Can't wait for next week's challenge (addicted now-lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! love to join but I don't have a stamp with snow. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Craft stash now unpacked and hopefully normal crafty business will resume! Beautiful cards this week, and over the past couple of weeks (I've still been noseying!). Thank you for some wonderful wintery inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another awesome challenge!
    Love the shiny gold snowflake, especially surrounded by black (stroke of genius BTW)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just posted my entry and deleted it - must have missed the one layer bit and just saw it now - duh and duh again...sorry. Oh well, I like my card and might have another go.. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Cards ladies and theme this week fits into a busy schedule if like me you still have Christmas cards to do, sorry I missed last week I love green but really ran out of time as every spare crafty min was used making the 12 tags of Christmas!!!! lol

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ladies your cards are so inspiring thank you for another fantastic challenge:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.